A fire in Jurupa Valley that gutted two homes, damaged two more homes and destroyed five other buildings might have been started by a discarded cigarette.
The fire began in the center median at Van Buren Boulevard and Jurupa Road in Jurupa Valley shortly before 8:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2. Propelled by strong winds, it spread quickly.
Nearby residents and a Chevron gas station were evacuated, as was Van Buren Elementary School, whose students were bused to a different campus. In addition to the structure damage, 10 vehicles and a boat were destroyed.
To read more CLICK HERE